Hike the Highlands Festival
September 9-18, 2016
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada
A ten day hiking festival on the Cabot Trail and Northern Cape Breton that features guided hikes, evening activities & presentations, the hiker distance award, opening & closing ceremonies and a photo contest.
Festival Updates & News – (August 17, 2016 )
1) With just 3 weeks or so before the 2016 Hike the Highlands Festival will take place. It is time to register for hikes and book accommodations. It has been a busy year on the Cabot Trail and it is wise to book your accommodations now so you won’t be disappointed in September.
2) Nova Scotia for the past two weeks had a ban on travel into the woods. The ban is now lifted for all of Cape Breton. Hikers can enjoy the trails now and experience nature.
3) Cape Breton Highlands National Park 2016 Activity Guide is now available on our website.
4) Online registration & payment for the the 13th Annual Hike the Highlands Festival is now open.
5) Subscribe to our regular monthly newsletter and keep up with all the news. Our next newsletter will be coming out in Mid August 2016. Please note when you subscribe to our newsletter, you will get another e-mail a bit later asking you to confirm. The festival is following Canada’s Anti-Spam guidelines & regulations approved in 2014.
Come Hike with Us!
A Great Line-up of Hikes
The 2016 schedule of hikes is now up on the website. There are some new hikes for 2016 as well some back from the past.
3 Peaks Challenge
The 7th Annual Cape Breton Highlands 3 Peaks Challenge has now been completed. This event involved hiking 3 Mtns. in one day. 2016 Photos to be uploaded by late July.
A tradition started by our guide Lisa Dixon, each hike we ask everybody to get together for a group photo. Here are last year’s (2015) group photos.