Join us for our social evenings! -2018
Meet your fellow hikers and relax after a great day on the trails.
Most of the evening presentations begin at 7:00 pm and last an hour. Below is the tentative 2018 program of evening activities. More information to follow.
|Friday, Sept. 14, 2018||Opening Ceremonies, St. John's Hall, Ingonish|
|Saturday, Sept.15 2018||Chile? Why not!
Come travel with us through the breadbasket of Chile. We will walk your through the orchards and vineyards. Trek with us amongst the foothills of the Andes. Explore the culture and food as well. So dust off your hiking poles and come with us."
Nancy & Evelyn
|Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018||Portugese Camino hike & Hiking in Australia - Dave & Yvonne|
|Monday, Sept. 17, 2018||Hiking in Cape Chignecto Provincial Park - 40 km of trails, 3 cabins & campsites.|
|Tuesday, Sept. 18 2018||Fiddle Music at Doryman Pub & Grill, Cheticamp, 8-11 pm. with Donna Marie Dewolfe|
|Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018||Off|
|Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018||Hiking Gear & Apparel - TBA|
|Friday, Sept. 21, 2018||Warren Lake Sunset Hike & BBQ - 4:00 pm.|
|Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018||Social & Closing Ceremonies. A night to thank the hikers, volunteers, and partners & sponsors. Door prizes, Hiker Distance Award Pins, Closing Show & more. Social to follow at Legion|
|Sunday, Sept. 23 2018||Off|
Other Activities to do in the area:
1) Whale watching in Ingonish, Neil’s Harbour, Bay St. Lawrence, Pleasant Bay and Cheticamp. The Whale Interpretative Centre in Pleasant Bay is open 9-5 each day.
2) Visit Museums – North Highlands Community Museum (9-5 each day), Cape North, St. Paul’s Lighthouse Museum, Dingwall (10-6 pm), and Les Trois Pignons in Cheticamp,
3) Golf – Highlands Links in Ingonish Beach or Le Portage in Cheticamp
4) Enjoy the beaches at Ingonish Beach, Black Brook, North Bay, Neil’s Harbour, Cabot Landing Beach, Pleasant Bay & Cheticamp.
5) Kayaking – rent or take tours
6) Visit our artisans studios & craft shops in our communities
7) Enjoy evening entertainment in Ingonish & Cheticamp.