Join us for our social evenings! -2013
Meet your fellow hikers and relax after a great day on the trails.
Evening presentations begin at 7:00 pm and last an hour. Below is the tentative 2014 program of evening activities. More information to follow.
Friday, Sept. 12 – Opening Ceremonies, St. John’s Hall , 7 pm.
Description: A special evening is being organized to help the festival get off to a great start. There will be a slideshow of the best photos from the Through the Lens Photography Workshop, and the 2013 Closing Show, a meet and greet with food, and updates on the 2014 Festival.
Saturday, Sept. 13 - Belize & Guatamala Hike, St. John’s Hall, 7 pm.
Description - coming soon. Presenters – Tim & Paula Reynolds
Sunday, Sept. 15th - Leatherback Turtles , St. John’s Hall, 7 pm.
Description - coming soon
Monday, Sept. 16th – Hiking in Wales, St. John’s Hall, 7 pm.
Description – A look at some of the long distance hikes, and National Parks in Wales as well the Wales Coastal Path. A slideshow of the Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path – 128 miles in Northern Wales will be shown. Presenter – Tom Wilson
Tuesday, Sept. 17th - Enjoy Fiddle Music at Doryman Pub & Grill, Cheticamp, 7 pm.
Wednesday, Sept. 18th – Night Off ,
Thursday, Sept. 19th - Sunset Hike on Skyline, 5:30 pm.
Friday, Sept. 20th – Social Evening , Legion, Ingonish, 7 pm.
Entertainment tonight beginning at 7 pm. Enjoy a relaxing evening with your new and old hiker friends.
Saturday, Sept. 21 – Closing Supper & Ceremonies, St. John’s Hall, 5:30 pm.
Description – Supper begins at 5:30 pm. at St. John’s Hall. Closing ceremonies follows at 6:30 pm or so next door at Royal Canadian Legion . A special evening to highlight and thank hikers, sponsors & partners, and volunteers of 2014 Hike the Highlands Festival. Presentation of the Hiker Distance Awards, Door prizes and the 2014 Closing Show.
Other Activities to do in the area:
1) Whale watching in Ingonish, Neil’s Harbour, Bay St. Lawrence, Pleasant Bay and Cheticamp. The Whale Interpretative Centre in Pleasant Bay is open 9-5 each day.
2) Visit Museums – North Highlands Community Museum, Cape North, St. Paul’s Lighthouse Museum, Dingwall, and Les Trois Pignons in Cheticamp,
3) Golf – Highlands Links in Ingonish Beach or Le Portage in Cheticamp
4) Enjoy the beaches at Ingonish Beach, Black Brook, North Bay, Neil’s Harbour, Cabot Landing Beach, Pleasant Bay & Cheticamp.
5) Kayaking – rent or take tours
6) Visit our artisans studios & craft shops in our communities
7) Enjoy evening entertainment in Ingonish & Cheticamp.