Join us for our social evenings! -2016
Meet your fellow hikers and relax after a great day on the trails.
Most of the evening presentations begin at 7:00 pm and last an hour. Below is the tentative 2016 program of evening activities. More information to follow.
|Friday, Sept. 9, 2016||Opening Ceremonies, St. John's Hall, Ingonish|
|Saturday, Sept.10, 2016||Bring Back the Boreal Forest with Nadine LeFort, CBHNP|
|Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016||Hiking in Ireland - A look at four long distance hikes - Beara, Dingle, Kerry & Wicklow Ways along with Diamond Hill by Tom Wilson|
|Monday, Sept. 12, 2016||Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path, Wales, by Elaine Wallace|
|Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016||Fiddle Music at Doryman Pub & Grill, Cheticamp, 7-10 pm.|
|Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016||Off|
|Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016||Warren Lake Sunset Hike.
Time to be announced.
|Friday, Sept. 16, 2016||Seawall Trail presentation by Ray Fraser. A look at Cape Breton's newest trail project for Northern Cape Breton. www.seawalltrail.com|
|Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016||Social & Closing Ceremonies, Royal Canadian Legion Br.#105, Ingonish. A night to thank the hikers, volunteers, and partners & sponsors. Door prizes, Hiker Distance Award Pins, Closing Show & more.|
|Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016||Off|
Other Activities to do in the area:
1) Whale watching in Ingonish, Neil’s Harbour, Bay St. Lawrence, Pleasant Bay and Cheticamp. The Whale Interpretative Centre in Pleasant Bay is open 9-5 each day.
2) Visit Museums – North Highlands Community Museum (9-5 each day), Cape North, St. Paul’s Lighthouse Museum, Dingwall (10-6 pm), and Les Trois Pignons in Cheticamp,
3) Golf – Highlands Links in Ingonish Beach or Le Portage in Cheticamp
4) Enjoy the beaches at Ingonish Beach, Black Brook, North Bay, Neil’s Harbour, Cabot Landing Beach, Pleasant Bay & Cheticamp.
5) Kayaking – rent or take tours
6) Visit our artisans studios & craft shops in our communities
7) Enjoy evening entertainment in Ingonish & Cheticamp.